ReactJS Evergreen Select Component
React Evergreen is a popular front-end library with a set of React components for building beautiful products as this library is flexible, sensible defaults, and User friendly. Select Component allows the user to select an item from a list of options. We can use the following approach in ReactJS to use the Evergreen Select Component.
- id: It is used to denote the id attribute for the select.
- name: It is used to define the name attribute for the select.
- children: It is used to pass the options that are passed to the select.
- defaultValue: It is used to denote the initial value of an uncontrolled select
- onChange: It is a function that is called when value changes.
- value: It is used to denote the value of the select.
- required: The select is required when this is set to true.
- autoFocus: The select should auto-focus when this is set to true.
- isInvalid: The select is invalid when this is set to true.
- appearance: It is used for the appearance of the select.
- label: It is used to denote the label used above the input element.
- labelFor: It is used to denote the passed on the label as a htmlFor prop.
- required: It is used to indicate whether to show an asterix after the label or not.
- description: Defines optional description of the field which is under the label and above the input element.
- hint: It is used to define an optional hint under the input element.
- validationMessage: It is used to show a validation message.
- inputHeight: It is used to denote the height of the input element.
- inputWidth: It is used to denote the width of the input width.
Creating React Application And Installing Module:
Step 1: Create a React application using the following command:
npx create-react-app foldername
Step 2: After creating your project folder i.e. foldername, move to it using the following command:
Step 3: After creating the ReactJS application, Install the required module using the following command:
npm install evergreen-ui
Project Structure: It will look like the following.
Example: Now write down the following code in the App.js file. Here, App is our default component where we have written our code.
Step to Run Application: Run the application using the following command from the root directory of the project:
Output: Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/, you will see the following output: