ReactJS Evergreen Autocomplete Component
React Evergreen is a popular front-end library with a set of React components for building beautiful products as this library is flexible, sensible defaults, and User friendly. Autocomplete Component is used for auto-completing the free text value with the option value. It basically allows the user to type and select the item from a list of options. We can use the following approach in ReactJS to use the Evergreen Autocomplete Component.
- title: It is used to provide a title for the items.
- items: It is used to denote an array of items to be used as options for the selection.
- selectedItem: It is used to denote the selected Item to be shown on the Autocomplete.
- itemToString: It is a function that is used on each item to return the string that will be shown on the filter in case the array of items is not an array of strings.
- children: It is a function that is used to render the ‘filter’ component.
- itemSize: It is used to denote the height of each item in the list.
- renderItem: It is a function that returns a component to render the item.
- position: It is used for the position of the popover.
- itemsFilter: It is a function that is used to filter the items.
- isFilterDisabled: It is used to enable and disable filtering.
- popoverMinWidth: It is used to denote the minimum height of the result’s container.
- popoverMaxHeight: It is used to denote the maximum height of the result’s container.
- allowOtherValues: It is used to indicate whether the input accepts arbitrary user input beyond the provided items or not.
- children: It is used to pass the children element for this component.
- style: It is used to pass the styling for the component.
- isSelected: It is used to indicate whether the item is selected or not.
- isHighlighted: It is used to indicate whether to highlight the item or not.
Creating React Application And Installing Module:
Step 1: Create a React application using the following command:
npx create-react-app foldername
Step 2: After creating your project folder i.e. foldername, move to it using the following command:
Step 3: After creating the ReactJS application, Install the required module using the following command:
npm install evergreen-ui
Project Structure: It will look like the following.
Example: Now write down the following code in the App.js file. Here, App is our default component where we have written our code.
Step to Run Application: Run the application using the following command from the root directory of the project:
Output: Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/, you will see the following output: