React Suite Sidenav Component
React Suite is a popular front-end library with a set of React components that are designed for the middle platform and back-end products. Sidenav component allows the user to provide an easy way to navigate through your website. It is treated as the sidebar of the page. We can use the following approach in ReactJS to use the React Suite Sidenav Component.
- activeKey: It is used to denote the Active key which corresponds to eventkey in Nav.Item.
- appearance: It is used for menu appearances.
- classPrefix: It is used to denote the prefix of the component CSS class.
- componentClass: It can be used for the custom element type for this component.
- defaultOpenKeys: It is used to denote the Open menu which corresponds to the Dropdown eventkey.
- expanded: It is used to indicate whether to expand the Sidenav or not.
- onOpenChange: It is used to denote the Menu opening callback function.
- onSelect: It is a callback function that is triggered on the Select of the Menu item.
- openKeys: It is used to denote the Open menu which corresponds to the Dropdown eventkey which is controlled.
Creating React Application And Installing Module:
Step 1: Create a React application using the following command:
npx create-react-app foldername
Step 2: After creating your project folder i.e. foldername, move to it using the following command:
Step 3: After creating the ReactJS application, Install the required module using the following command:
npm install rsuite
Project Structure: It will look like the following.
Example: Now write down the following code in the App.js file. Here, App is our default component where we have written our code.
Step to Run Application: Run the application using the following command from the root directory of the project:
Output: Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/, you will see the following output: