RapidScan – The Multi-Tool Web Vulnerability Scanner in Kali Linux
RapidScan is a free and open-source tool available on GitHub which is based upon Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), the easiest and useful tool for reconnaissance. The RapidScan interface is very similar to Metasploit 1 and Metasploit 2, which provides a command-line interface that you can run on Kali Linux. This tool can be used to get information about our target(domain), which can be a website or an IP address. The interactive console provides a number of helpful features, such as command completion and contextual help. RapidScan is a web reconnaissance tool written in python. It has so many modules, such as database interaction, built-in convenience functions, interactive help, and command completion. RapidScan provides a powerful environment in which open-source web-based reconnaissance can be conducted and you can gather all the information about the target.
Features of RapidScan:
- RapidScan’s interactive console provides a number of helpful features.
- RapidScan is used for information gathering and vulnerability assessment of web applications.
- RapidScan uses the Shodan search engine to scan IoT devices.
- RapidScan can easily find loopholes in the code of web applications and websites.
- RapidScan has the following modules: Geo lookup, banner grabbing, DNS lookup, port scanning. These modules make this tool so powerful.
Step 1: Use the following command to install the tool.
git clone https://github.com/skavngr/rapidscan.git cd rapidscan
Step 2: Now give permission to the tool using the following command and run the tool using the following command.
chmod +x rapidscan.py ./rapidscan.py
The tool has been downloaded successfully.
Example 1: Use the RapidScan tool to scan a website.
We have scanned our geeksforgeeks.org domain.
Example 2: Use the RapidScan tool to scan another website.