Basic Information about the Process
Rakuten India visited our campus for the recruitment process, two times in one placement season. First time in the month of November 2020 and the second time in January 2021. I was part of the process that happened in January. They came for a Technical Intern position with performance-based conversion (PPO).
First Round (Test on HackerEarth): First round consists of 30 MCQ Aptitude questions (moderate level) along with 4 Coding Questions. 2 questions were leetcode easy, 1 was medium and 1 was hard.
- Print the square for each test case.
- You are given a 4X4 matrix with elements in the range [0,15] denoting the initial configuration. 0 denotes an empty cell You can shift the elements that are adjacent to the empty cell into the empty cell Write a program to check if you can reach a final configuration from the initial configuration by shifting the adjacent elements of the initial configuration one at a time to 0.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 0
- First line- T.
- The number of test cases. Each test case consists of a 4X4 matrix.
Output Format: Print YES if you can reach a final configuration from the initial configuration, else print NO
- You are given N positive numbers A1… A2… An and you have to calculate the total sum of the floor(Ai/Aj) for each pair of Indices i and j. where (1 < i, j<=N)
- There are N types of books and an array A. Each element of that array i.e. A[i] denotes the number of books in each type. All books of all types are of equal thickness The books have to be stacked in such a manner that each stack has one specific kind of book and an equal number of those books.
Write a program to print the maximum number of books that can be placed in each stack such that each stack has the same height and same kind of book.
- First line- N
- Second line N space-separated integers (denoting books of each type)
Output format: Print the maximum number of books in each stack such that each stack will have the same height.
Note: You need to solve a minimum of 3 questions out of 4 to qualify for the next round.
Second Round (Interview-1 Technical Round on Zoom): It was a panel of two members, the interview was of 45 minutes. It started with the introduction of the candidate, followed by further questions. Questions were asked from Object-Oriented Programming (Abstraction, Multiple Inheritance in Java, Encapsulation and Collection Framework (List, Maps, and Set)0, followed by a few more questions from Summer Internship, and personal projects related questions. A few more questions from data structures, testing-related questions, how testing happens in Software Designing, and one or two real-life questions to create test cases for real-world machines).
Note: Well research about the post, and panel you’re going to interact with. Read about it in detail. Answer in a lighter mood with full confidence. Prepare everything you wrote in your resume.
Third Round (Interview-II Technical & HR Round Mixed on Zoom): It was again with the panel of two members (different from the 1st Round), It was taken by the Manager/Senior Technical Lead. It was of 40 minutes. Started with basic light conversations, the place I belong to, extra-curricular activities, and so on. The manager will ask you the questions related to the profile you were applying for and the expertise you mentioned in your resume. He asked me about a few testing and SDLC-related questions, gave a real-world problem and I have to design the test cases for it. Then he asked me to share my screen and to code on Eclipse. He gave me two problems, one was to find the elements of the duplicate characters in a string with multiple added tricky layers. And another question was to find the sub-array sum to a target sum. Both the code ran completely with one or two little mistakes.
Note: Try solving problems as much as possible on LeetCode and HackerRank. Use GeekforGeeks for DS-related questions.
Final Result: Selected for 6 months Internship.