Radisys Interview Experience for Software Engineer (On-Campus 2020)
Round 1 (Online 1 Hour): It was conducted on Mettl. This round consisted of 65 MCQ questions based on 5 sections:
- C++ (Recognizing output of programs)
- Operating Systems (Theoretical Questions related to scheduling, types of OS, threading, etc)
- Data Structures (Theoretical Questions/Time Complexity)
- Java (Theoretical Questions)
There was no negative marking. Some questions required thinking, while some were straightforward.
I am not very sure, but there were probably sectional cut-offs also. After the first round, more than half of the students were rejected. The selected students’ names appeared in the list as per their marks.
Round 2 (Technical Interview 1.25 Hours): The interviewer was in a very senior position. First I introduced myself, and then he started with the questions:
- First, he asked how much do I know C. I said that I mostly code in Python but I know C also. So, he asked how do we allocate memory in C, which I told him. Then he asked me to write code to allocate memory using pointers, which I couldn’t since I was not good with pointers.
- Then he asked me to implement Linked List data structure and various methods in it like traverse, delete, etc, in Python.
- Next, he jumped on to aptitude questions like finding the angle between clock needles, finding the age of a person based on given conditions, PnC questions, etc which were easy to moderate.
- Then he started asking about Operating Systems in depth. He asked threads vs processes, mutex vs semaphore, binary semaphore, Inter-Process Communication, Scheduling Algorithms, Round Robin, Multi-Level Feedback Queue, Priority Inversion, etc.
- Then he asked about some scheduling algorithms and asked to write a pseudo code of Selection Sort.
Again, half of the students selected for this round were rejected.
Round 3 (Technical Interview 50 Minutes): The interviewer was very nice.
- He first asked how was my earlier interview.
- Then he started asking about each and every project written on my resume in detail (coding approach and theory related to project, if any),
- Then he asked about internship work.
- He then asked me to write an SQL Query, which was simple.
- Then questions related to Computer Networks followed (OSI Model layer functions).
- He then asked about my future goals.
Again, some students were rejected in this round.
Round 4 (HR Round 15 Minutes: Just some general questions like academic performance, family background, etc.
No one was rejected in this round.
Result: Selected (A total of 5 students were selected from our college)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.