Radio button: It is generally used in HTML forms. HTML forms are required when you need to collect some data from the site visitors. A radio button is used when you want to select only one option out of several available options.
Checkbox: Checkboxes are also mostly used in HTML forms. A checkbox allows you to choose one or many options to be selected from a list of options.
Difference between radio button and checkbox
|It is used when only one option to be selected out of several available options.||Checkbox allows one or many options to be selected.|
|It is created by using HTML <input> tag but type attribute is set to radio.||It is also created using HTML <input> tag but type attribute is set to checkbox.|
|It is a single control unit.||It is a multiple control unit.|
|Radio button is presented as a small circle on the screen.||Checkbox is presented as a small square box on the screen.|
|Radio button have only 2 states namely- True & False.||Checkbox have 3 states namely- Checked, unchecked & indeterminate.|
|It is used when you want to limit the users choice to just one option from the range provided.||It is used when you want to allow user to select multiple choices.|
- How to create a radio button similar to toggle button using Bootstrap ?
- How to set radio button checked by button click in AngularJS ?
- How to Create Custom Radio Button using HTML and CSS ?
- How to set checkbox checked on button click in AngularJS ?
- How to check a radio button with jQuery?
- How to know which radio button is selected using jQuery?
- How to get the value of radio button using AngularJS ?
- HTML | DOM Input Checkbox disabled Property
- HTML | DOM Input Checkbox Property
- How to set checkbox size in HTML/CSS?
- HTML | DOM Input Checkbox autofocus Property
- HTML | DOM Input Checkbox required Property
- HTML | DOM Input Checkbox name Property
- HTML | DOM Input Checkbox checked Property
- HTML | DOM Input Checkbox value Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.