- When 2 or more people compete to reach a certain point, they are said to be participating in a race.
- Start : If one person gives a start to another person, it means that the second person has to run less than the first person. For example, if A gives a start of 40 m to B in 100 m race, it means that A will run for 100 m but B will run for 100 – 40 = 60 m.
Question 1 : In a 100 m race, A beats B by 28 metres. Also, at the finish line, A was 7 seconds ahead of B. Find the time taken by A to complete the race.
Solution : According to the question, B covers 28 m in 7 seconds.
=> B’s speed = 28 / 7 = 4 m/s
=> Time required by B to complete 100 m = 100 / 4 = 25 s
Now, A needs 7 s less than B to complete the race.
=> Time required by A = 25 – 7 = 18 s
Question 2 : In a 100 m race, A can give a start of 4 m to B and 6.4 m to C. How much start can B give to C ?
Solution : If A covers 100 m, B covers 96 m and C covers 93.6 m
=> When B covers 96 m, C covers 93.6 m
=> When B covers 100 m, C covers (93.6 / 96) x 100 = 97.5 m
Therefore, B can give a start of 100 – 97.5 = 2.5 m to C.
This article has been contributed by Nishant Arora
Please write comments if you have any doubts related to the topic discussed above, or if you are facing difficulty in any question or if you would like to discuss a question other than those mentioned above.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- C program to reverse the content of the file and print it
- Create a Circular List Structure For Given Value K Using Recursion
- Program to find the Nth natural number with exactly two bits set
- Puzzle | How much he had initially?
- Puzzle | King Octopus and Servants
- Age of AI-based recruitment... What to expect?
- Placement 100 Course Walk-Through
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Verbal Aptitude 2
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Quantitative Aptitude 4
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Quantitative Aptitude 5
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Verbal Aptitude 1
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Verbal Aptitude 5
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Quantitative Aptitude 1
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Logical Aptitude 5