R – Pie Charts
A pie chart is a circular statistical graphic, which is divided into slices to illustrate numerical proportions. It depicts a special chart that uses “pie slices”, where each sector shows the relative sizes of data. A circular chart cuts in a form of radii into segments describing relative frequencies or magnitude also known as a circle graph.
R – Pie Charts
R Programming Language uses the function pie() to create pie charts. It takes positive numbers as a vector input.
Syntax: pie(x, labels, radius, main, col, clockwise)
- x: This parameter is a vector that contains the numeric values which are used in the pie chart.
- labels: This parameter gives the description to the slices in pie chart.
- radius: This parameter is used to indicate the radius of the circle of the pie chart.(value between -1 and +1).
- main: This parameter is represents title of the pie chart.
- clockwise: This parameter contains the logical value which indicates whether the slices are drawn clockwise or in anti clockwise direction.
- col: This parameter give colors to the pie in the graph.
Creating a simple pie chart
To create a simple pie chart:
- By using the above parameters, we can draw a pie chart.
- It can be described by giving simple labels.
Pie chart including the title and colors
To create color and title pie chart.
- Take all parameters which are required to make pie chart by giving a title to the chart and add labels.
- We can add more features by adding more parameters with more colors to the points.
Slice Percentage & Chart Legend
To create chart legend and slice percentage, we can plot by doing the below methods.
- There are two more properties of the pie chart:
- slice percentage
- chart legend.
- We can show the chart in the form of percentages as well as add legends.
3D Pie Chart
Here we are going to create a 3D Pie chart using plotrix package and then we will use pie3D() function to plot 3D plot.
Please Login to comment...