Queue in STL are a type of container adaptors which operate in a first in first out (FIFO) type of arrangement where elements are inserted at the back (end) and are deleted from the front. Queue of pair can be very efficient in designing complex data structures. The first element is referenced as ‘first’ and the second element as ‘second’ and the order is fixed (first, second).
Queue<pair<datatype, datatype>> queue_of_pair;
Below is an example to show the Queue of Pairs:
Queue of Pairs: (10, 20) (15, 5) (1, 5) (5, 10) (7, 9) Size of Queue of Pairs: 5 Front of Queue of Pairs: (10, 20) Back of Queue of Pairs: (7, 9) Removing the Front pair Current Queue of Pairs: (15, 5) (1, 5) (5, 10) (7, 9)
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Priority queue of pairs in C++ (Ordered by first)
- Priority queue of pairs in C++ with ordering by first and second element
- Priority Queue of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples
- Stack and Queue in Python using queue Module
- Check if a queue can be sorted into another queue using a stack
- queue::empty() and queue::size() in C++ STL
- queue::front() and queue::back() in C++ STL
- queue::push() and queue::pop() in C++ STL
- Reversing a Queue using another Queue
- Queue in Python
- Reversing a Queue
- queue::swap() in C++ STL
- queue::emplace() in C++ STL
- Queue using Stacks
- Sharing a queue among three threads
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.