The Quantitative Reasoning Section is the most scoring section of GRE. This section evaluates the aspirants on their basic mathematical concepts of algebra and geometry. For computer-based GRE, an onscreen calculator is provided to the aspirants and for paper-based GRE, the test centre provides calculator to the aspirants. The problems of this section may be set in real or mathematical situations. Few questions of this section may be combined and collectively are answered based on interpretation of the data or table provided. Such questions are called data interpretation type questions. This section includes four types of questions:
- Quantitative Comparison Type Questions
- Multiple Choice Type Questions
- Multiple Correct Type Questions
- Numeric Entry Type Questions
Basic mathematical reasoning concepts and logics are tested in this section. Speed and accuracy are the prime necessity for success in result. This section checks the aspirants on the following topics:
Numbers and their properties, number patterns, representation of number set, operations in arithmetic.
What will be the HCF of 436 and 327?
Simplification of algebraic expressions, solving simple equality and inequality problems, factorisation, co-ordinate geometry, relations and functions.
Vaibhav makes a profit of Rs. 2 per book by selling his old book, but he pays a monthly rent of Rs. 4 per month to the shopkeeper, who takes his books. How many books should he sell so that at least a profit of Rs. 120 per month is made?
(A) Rs. 62 (B) Rs. 64 (C) Rs. 65 (D) Rs. 66
Answer: (A) Rs. 62
Perimeter, area, volume, congruence and similarity of figures, lines and angles, triangle, quadrilateral and other polygons.
If in a triangle RST, RS = RT, ?R = x + 15°, ?S = 2x + 25° then value of T ?
(A) 64° (B) 71° (C) 69° (D) 78°
Answer: (B) 71°
4. Data Analysis:
Interpretation of data, tables, graphs, charts, pie-charts, Venn-diagrams, random variables, frequency distribution and probability distribution.
Que-1: What percentage of the total girls are in school A?
(A) 18 (B) 22 (C) 17 (D) 15
Answer: (D) 15
Que-2: Which school has least students?
(A) D (B) A (C) B (D) C
Answer: (D) C
- How to Prepare a Word List for the GRE General Test
- How to Prepare for the GRE General Test
- Analytical Writing Section in GRE General
- GRE General Practice Test Series 2019 | GeeksforGeeks
- Experimental Section in GRE General
- Verbal Section in GRE General
- Blog | General facts about the GATE exams
- Blog | General facts about the Campus Placement Drive
- 5 Tips On Learning How to Code - General Advice For Programmers
- What is Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)?
- Code Smell - A General Introduction and it's Type
- Understanding Data Attribute Types | Qualitative and Quantitative
- Know About Quantitative Developer
- GRE Geometry | Lines and Angles
- GRE Algebra | Operations with Algebraic Expressions
- Introduction of Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
- Important Tips on How To Prepare for the GRE
- GRE Algebra | Functions
- GRE Arithmetic | Decimals
- GRE Arithmetic | Exponents and Roots
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.