Qualcomm process contains 4 or 5 rounds –
- Aptitude+Programming mcqs+Technical mcqs
- Technical Interview I
- Technical Interview II
- Technical Interview III(may or may not be)
- HR interview
Round – I
- Aptitude Section: (30 min – 20 questions / Negative marking)
- Work and wages -2 question
- 1 seating arrangement puzzle – 4question
- 1 data interpretation – 4 question
- Speed, time distance – 2 question
- ratio and proportion – 3 question
- other 5 are coding decoding, series etc type questions.
Note – Questions are moderate, but time is very less. Be quick in this section!
- Programming and Technical: (30 min – 20 questions, 30 min – 20 questions / Negative marking)
- Pointers in c++ – Focus on precedence and associativity of operators(60%)
- Union and structure in c++
- worst fit, best fit which one is better?
- pseudo code for queue using two stacks
- NOP operation – takes memory stalls in code segment?
- sorting algorithms complexity?
- bitwise operator questions in c++
- super keyword in java points in mcq forms
- static keyword in c++
- const pointers in c
- LRU AND FCFS page faults algorithms numericals in os
- heapify, heap sort complexity?
Note – Programming mcqs are easy, but technical mcqs are not so easy. Questions are based on fundamentals of programming(c/c++). Focus on basics of C/C++, Operating system, COA, DS and algorithms. Again Be quick in this section also.
Round – II
This round was very interesting. He asked me to Introduce Myself !
After that he jumped on the technical section directly.
- He asked me about my Language used in the projects – C/C++/Java/Python. And then a Programming question – Sort an array of 0s, 1s and 2s
- How to pass an array with the help of pointers. While passing 2d array, why it is necessary to pass number of coloumns?
- Size of structure and union (structure padding) – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/structure-member-alignment-padding-and-data-packing/
- You have to include a file in your program which will contain a generic code for linked list operations using pointers in C? – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/generic-linked-list-in-c-2/
- Write a code for memcpy function in C, he wanted a generic code implementation, hence focussed on void pointers and typecasting of pointers.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/write-memcpy/
- What is Operating system? Tell me about memory management – Paging, Segmentation? – Was very happy after this discussion !
- Write a program to reverse bits of a number, You can not use mod % operator – Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Tell me about your projects, he was focussing on my Information retrieval and Foundation of parallel programming projects a lot in the end.
- Want to ask Ask any question? – I asked him about his area of interest and in which area he is working now a days in Qualcomm?
Round – III
This round was very boring, because Interviewer was not giving any outputs whether I was correct or not. He was asking questions in a sequence.
- Asked me about content of the questions of Round – II. So that he can ask some different questions in this round.
- You have 13 group of cards, each group has 4 cards of similar type and has a same number on them, which can be from (1, 2, 3……13). What is probability of choosing 3 cards so that number 10 should be on 3rd card?
- Tell me, how to predict a number if it is prime or not, Derive time complexity and space complexity? He asked me various approaches. I knew only 2 methods in O(logn) time complexity – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/prime-numbers/
- What is the advantage of using function pointers for calling functions instead of calling function directly – I told him about lambda function in c++11 – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/function-pointer-in-c/
- Again he asked a math question. You have a grid of m*n size, what are the ways to go from one point to another point in the grid given that i can not go from two restricted points? – Famous gate puzzle
- Suddenly he said Thanks! Wait outside.
I answered each and every question. I was very nervous after this round as the interviewer was not responding anything, he was asking questions only. Then i waited for Hr round for 2-3 hours.
Round – IV
HR round, Again he asked the same repeated and boring questions. Please do not prepare for these questions! According to the situation, predict the answer, what the HR wants.
- Introduce yourself.
- Why qualcomm?
- What work you will do in qualcomm?
- Qualcomm hyderabad or banglore or noida?
- Any questions?
Finally result came at 11:00pm and I was in the selected list of students.
- Be fast in the online test.
- Focus on your fundamentals of computer science (Prepare your gate or Btech subjects basics).
- Prepare for aptitude also because every section has its own cutoff.
- Prepare for coding questions – Interviewbit and geeksforgeeks are good platforms.
Contact (If more queries) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 5(On-Campus for Software profile)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 14 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 11 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 12 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 13 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 15 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 17 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 18 (On-Campus Internship)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 19 (On-Campus)
- Qualcomm Campus Recruitment Interview Experience
- Qualcomm Interview Experience (Off-Campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience ( On-Campus Drive)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | (Pool Campus Drive)
- QualComm Campus Interview Experience
- Qualcomm Interview Experience (On campus)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Off Campus
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.