Qualcomm Interview Experience (On Campus Virtual) August 2020
Round-1 (Online): This round held for 1 hour 30 minutes. This round was an online MCQ test conducted by HirePro, there were 3 sections.
Each section consisted of 20 questions of 1 mark each to be finished in 30 minutes. There was a negative marking of .25 per question.
- Section 1: First section comprised of aptitude questions (Level: Easy/Medium)
- Section 2: Second section comprised of C output-based questions. Most of them were time-consuming bit manipulation questions.
- Section 3: Third section comprised of questions from DS, OS, Architecture, and Networking, Digital Logic.
Round-2 (Technical Round 1): This round held for 50 minutes and the platform was Microsoft Teams, started with Tell me something about yourself.
- How many layers are there in the OSI model?
- How do the I/O devices work?
- Questions on projects.
- What is the difference between a Process and a Thread?
- What is Deadlock? How to prevent it?
- Write a SQL query for a table she gave me specifically using Joins.
- What happens when you type the URL in your browser?
- Some other networking questions.
- • Given a radio, a user can switch to its desired channel by simply switching to that frequency, you need to set these frequencies as soon as the user switches to it, delete them, and sort them. Use the appropriate data structure.
Round-3 (Technical Round 2): This round held for 1 hour 15 minutes and the platform was Microsoft Teams, started with Tell me something about yourself.
The interviewer told me, in this round, we will try to cover two coding questions. Started with his introduction told me about the different teams and the project they are working on.
- Given a Random Number Generator, generating numbers from 1 to N in a stream. For Example, N = 5, it will generate any random sequence of numbers from 1 to 5. The constraints are till all the numbers in the range are not generated, any number will not be repeated. So, but the fault in this Random number generator is it restores its calculation just before outputting the last number of the sequence. So, the task is to find that missing number?
- Set Kth Bit for an integer.
Note: I was able to solve all the two questions in the second round, still not called for the final HR round. So yeah, it’s a bit of luck as well.