Qualcomm Interview Experience ( On-Campus Drive)
Round1: Test consists of 3 parts with 60 questions 90min. Marking scheme is +4 & -1.
Round2: Technical interview1 (30 min)
Round3: Technical interview2 (30 min)
Round4: HR (15 min)
Round1(Online Test) – There is a different qualifying cut for each section.
The test consist of 3 sections: All need to attempt in order, we are allowed to switch between questions of the same section but cannot switch between sections.
Section1: This section consists of basic aptitude questions like train, permutation & combination, probability, boat, work, etc.
Section2: This section contains the questions of code snippet(given a code what is the output)
Section3: This section contains basic Gate level questions mainly focused on DS, Algo, OS, CO, Networks.
Round2(Tech interview1) – It was a one to one interview. He asked me to write pen-paper codes, questions from C, OS, CO, etc.
- Reverse a stack without using extra space.
- Construct a tree from pre-order and in-order traversal.
- Given an array which has numbers from 1 to n. There are 2 numbers replaced with 0. Find both numbers in O(n) time and O(1) space.
- What is priority inversion?
- Let us suppose there are multiple .c files and you want a function from a particular file can only be accessed in that c file only. (Ans- Use static keyword)
- What is Volatile keyword?
- A lot of questions from IPC, Cache, Paging.
Round3(Tech interview2) – It was also a one to one interview. I was the last person left for round 2 and it was around 9 pm, so everyone was drained.
Interviewer: Do you know how to construct a balanced tree.
Me: I only know that we can use a red-black tree or AVL tree, but I don’t know how they work.
Interviewer: Ok, then what do you know in Algorithms.
Me: Sorting, Graphs.
I want him to ask from graphs but he started with Linked list.
- He asked all the possible questions from the linked list starting from construction of SLL to finding loops etc.
- Then he asked me questions from C programming, OS, CO.
Round4(HR) – This was more of one-sided. HR told me about the company asked me about locations preferences etc.
Both round 2 and 3 last up to around 30min. All the questions were basic level instead of 2-3 fancy terms that I ended up answering “I don’t know”.
Suggestions- They asked a lot of questions from oops, data structure, C programming, os, co, etc. One panel was also asking questions from ML like PCA, LDA, SVM, etc.
They also asked riddle-like(google them for details)-
- King and 100 poison bottle
- Bridge crossing (person with different time and one torch)
- Measure time from the rope, sand clock, etc.
Note: There were other questions that I don’t remember.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up