Python provides wxpython module which allows us to create high functional graphical user interface. It is an Open Source module, which means it is free for anyone to use and the source code is available for anyone to look and modify.
It is implemented as a set of extension modules that wrap the GUI components of
wxWidgets library which is written in C++. It is cross platform GUI toolkit for python, Phoenix version Phoenix is the improved next-generation wxPython and it mainly focused on speed, maintainablity and extensibility.
Install using this command:
pip install wxpython
Creating GUI using wxpython:
- First import wx module.
- Create an object for application class.
- Create an object for frame class and other controls are added to frame object so its layout is maintained using panel .
- Then add a Static text object to show Hello World .
- Show the frame window by using show method.
- Run the app till the window is closed by using main event loop application object.
Example #1: A simple GUI application which says GEEKS FOR GEEKS using wxpython.
Example #2: Creating Buttons using wx module
Example #3: CheckBox using wxpython
Example #4: RadioButtons using wxpython
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- wxPython - Replace() function in wxPython
- wxPython | EnableTool() function in wxPython
- wxPython | GetToolSeparation() function in wxPython
- wxPython - GetLabelText() function in wxPython
- wxPython - SetBitmap() function in wxPython
- wxPython - GetBatteryState() function in wxPython
- wxPython | Exit() function in wxPython
- wxPython - Disable statictext in wxPython
- wxPython - wx.DisplaySizeMM() function in wxPython
- Introduction to NSE Tools Module in Python
- Introduction to Pafy Module in Python
- VLC module in Python - An Introduction
- Python EasyGUI module - Introduction
- Introduction to PyQtGraph Module in Python
- Introduction to AlaramTime Module in Python
- Introduction to Instaloader module in Python
- Introduction to pywhatkit module
- Introduction to jdcal module
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : bestharadhakrishna