In this article, we will be discussing how to plot a graph generated by NetworkX in Python using Matplotlib. NetworkX is not a graph visualising package but basic drawing with Matplotlib is included in the software package.
Step 1 : Import networkx and matplotlib.pyplot in the project file.
Step 2 : Generate a graph using networkx.
Step 3 : Now use
draw() function of networkx.drawing to draw the graph.
Step 4 : Use
savefig("filename.png") function of
matplotlib.pyplot to save the drawing of graph in
Below is the Python code:
To add numbering in the node add one argument with_labels=True in draw() function.
Different graph types and plotting can be done using networkx drawing and matplotlib.
Note** : Here keywrds is referred to optional keywords that we can mention use to format the graph plotting. Some of the general graph layouts are :
- draw_circular(G, keywrds) : This gives cicular layout of the graph G.
- draw_planar(G, keywrds) :] This gives a planar layout of a planar networkx graph G.
- draw_random(G, keywrds) : This gives a random layout of the graph G.
- draw_spectral(G, keywrds) : This gives a spectral 2D layout of the graph G.
- draw_spring(G, keywrds) : This gives a spring layout of the graph G.
- draw_shell(G, keywrds) : This gives a shell layout of the graph G.
Reference : NetworkX Drawing Documentation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course