Python offers multiple options for developing GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, tkinter is the most commonly used method. It is a standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. Python with tkinter is the fastest and easiest way to create the GUI applications. Creating a GUI using tkinter is an easy task.
Note: For more information, refer to Python GUI – tkinter
A frame is a rectangular region on the screen. A frame can also be used as a foundation class to implement complex widgets. It is used to organize a group of widgets.
The syntax to use the checkbutton is given below.
w = frame( master, options)
- master: This parameter is used to represents the parent window.
- options:There are many options which are available and they can be used as key-value pairs separated by commas.
Following are commonly used Option can be used with this widget :-
- bg: This option used to represent the normal background color displayed behind the label and indicator.
- bd: This option used to represent the size of the border around the indicator and the default value is 2 pixels.
- cursor: By using this option, the mouse cursor will change to that pattern when it is over the checkbutton.
- height: The vertical dimension of the new frame.
- highlightcolor: This option used to represent the color of the focus highlight when the frame has the focus.
- highlightthickness: This option used to represent the color of the focus highlight when the frame does not have focus.
- highlightbackground: This option used to represent the thickness of the focus highlight..
- relief: The type of the border of the frame. It’s default value is set to FLAT.
- width: This option used to represents the width of the checkbutton. and also represented in the number of characters that are represented in the form of texts.
- text: This option used use newlines (“\n”) to display multiple lines of text.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.