Python provides many options for GUI (Graphical User Interface ) development. tkinter is the most commonly used method options apart from all other available alternatives. It is a standard method for developing GUI applications using Tk GUI toolkit. The steps involved in developing basic tkinter app are:
- Importing the tkinter module.
- Creating the main window or the container.
- Insert as many widgets as you want to the main window.
- Apply the event Trigger on all the widgets.
The process of importing tkinter module is same as importing any other module in Python.
Creating choose color dialog box using Tkinter
The tkinter module has a package in it named as
colorchooser. This package of tkinter module helps in developing the color chooser dialog box. This package has a function named as askcolor() that plays the major role.
This function belongs to the colorchooser package of tkinter module. The function helps in creating a color chooser dialog box. As soon as the function is called, it makes the color chooser dialogue box pop up. The function returns the hexadecimal code of the color selected by the user.
Note:The color chooser dialog box may vary for different operating systems.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - Tkinter askquestion Dialog
- PyQt5 QColorDialog - Getting Color Dialog Options
- PyQt5 QColorDialog - Setting Color Dialog Options
- PyQt5 QColorDialog - Testing Color Dialog Options
- PyQt5 QColorDialog - Setting Multiple Color Dialog Options
- Color game using Tkinter in Python
- PyQt5 Input Dialog | Python
- Raise a File Download Dialog Box in Python
- Change the color of certain words in the tkinter text widget
- ES6 | Dialog Boxes
- JQueryUI | dialog
- How to disable a button in jQuery dialog from a function ?
- How to close a dialog box in windows?
- How to use Mat-Dialog in Angular ?
- Set Pandas dataframe background Color and font color in Python
- PyQt5 Label – Setting color to the Color Effect
- PyQt5 Label – Accessing color of the Color Effect
- How to change an element color based on value of the color picker value on click?
- How To Use Seaborn Color Palette to Color Boxplot?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.