Python – tensorflow.gather()
TensorFlow is open-source Python library designed by Google to develop Machine Learning models and deep learning neural networks.
gather() is used to slice the input tensor based on the indices provided.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
Syntax: tensorflow.gather( params, indices, validate_indices, axis, batch_dims, name)
- params: It is a Tensor with rank greater than or equal to axis+1.
- indices: It is a Tensor of dtype int32 or int64. It’s value should be in range [0, params.shape[axis]).
- axis: It is a Tensor of dtype int32 or int64. It defines the axis from which indices should be gathered. Default value is 0 and it must be greater than of equal to batch_dims.
- batch_dims: It is an integer representing the number o batch dimension. It must be less than or equal to rank(indices).
- name: It defines the name for the operation.
It returns a Tensor having same dtype as param.
data: tf.Tensor([1 2 3 4 5 6], shape=(6,), dtype=int32) indices: tf.Tensor([0 1 2 1], shape=(4,), dtype=int32) res: tf.Tensor([1 2 3 2], shape=(4,), dtype=int32)
data: tf.Tensor( [[1 2] [3 4] [5 6]], shape=(3, 2), dtype=int32) indices: tf.Tensor([2 0 1], shape=(3,), dtype=int32) res: tf.Tensor( [[5 6] [1 2] [3 4]], shape=(3, 2), dtype=int32)