This sys module provides access to some variables used or maintained by the interpreter and to functions that interact strongly with the interpreter. It provides information about constants, functions and methods of python interpreter. It can be used for manipulating Python runtime environment.
sys.setrecursionlimit() method is used to set the maximum depth of the Python interpreter stack to the required limit. This limit prevents any program from getting into infinite recursion, Otherwise infinite recursion will lead to overflow of the C stack and crash the Python.
Note: The highest possible limit is platform-dependent. This should be done with care because too-high limit can lead to crash.
limit: It the value of integer type that denotes the new limit of python interpreter stack.
Return Value: This method returns nothing.
Example #1 :
Before changing, limit of stack = 1000 After changing, limit of stack = 500
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | next() method
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | os.fsencode() method
- Python | hasattr() method
- Python | Decimal ln() method
- Python | Tensorflow exp() method
- Python | os.getcwd() method
- Python | os.device_encoding() method
- Python | os.pread() method
- Python | os.isatty() method
- Python | sympy.apart() method
- Python | os.utime() method
- Python | os.ttyname() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.