Sometimes, while working with records, we can have a problem in which we need to find the cummulative sum of all the values that are present in tuples. This can have application in cases in which we deal with a lot of records data. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this problem can be solved.
Method #1 : Using
sum() + map()
Combination of above functions can be used to solve this particular problem. In this the task of summation is performed by
sum(), and applying the summation functionality to each element in tuple list is performed by
The original list : [(1, 3), (5, 6, 7), (2, 6)] The summation of all tuple elements are : 30
Method #2 : Using
sum() + izip()
The combination of above functions can be used to perform this particular task. In this, we perform the task of
izip(). It helps to club all the elements for summation by
sum(). Works only for single element tuple and only with Python2.
The original list : [(1, ), (5, ), (2, )] The summation of all tuple elements are : 8
- Python | Summation of two list of tuples
- Python | Position Summation in List of Tuples
- Python | Column summation of tuples
- Python | Convert string tuples to list tuples
- Python | Count tuples occurrence in list of tuples
- Python | Remove tuples from list of tuples if greater than n
- Python | Remove duplicate tuples from list of tuples
- Python | Remove tuples having duplicate first value from given list of tuples
- Python | Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples
- Python | Combining tuples in list of tuples
- Python | i^k Summation in list
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python | Interval List Summation
- Python | Triple List Summation
- Python | Convert list of strings to list of tuples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.