split() method returns a list of strings after breaking the given string by the specified separator.
Syntax : str.split(separator, maxsplit)
separator : This is a delimiter. The string splits at this specified separator. If is not provided then any white space is a separator.
maxsplit : It is a number, which tells us to split the string into maximum of provided number of times. If it is not provided then there is no limit.
Returns : Returns a list of strings after breaking the given string by the specified separator.
['geeks', 'for', 'geeks'] ['geeks', 'for', 'geeks'] ['geeks', 'for', 'geeks'] ['Cat', 'Bat', 'Sat', 'Fat', 'Or']
['geeks, for, geeks, pawan'] ['geeks', 'for', 'geeks', 'pawan'] ['geeks', 'for, geeks, pawan']
- Python | Pandas Split strings into two List/Columns using str.split()
- How to split a string in C/C++, Python and Java?
- Python program to split and join a string
- Python | Split given string into equal halves
- Split a string in equal parts (grouper in Python)
- Python | Split string into list of characters
- Python | Split string in groups of n consecutive characters
- Python | String Split including spaces
- Python | Split CamelCase string to individual strings
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
- Python | Ways to split a string in different ways
- Python | Split multiple characters from string
- Python | Split strings and digits from string list
- Python | K Character Split String
- Python - Split String of list on K character
- Python | Exceptional Split in String
- Python | Rear stray character String split
- Python | Split flatten String List
- Python - Double Split String to Matrix
- Python - Split String on all punctuations
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : agarwalmayur08