lstrip() method returns a copy of the string with leading characters removed (based on the string argument passed). If no argument is passed, it removes leading spaces.
characters [optional] : A set of characters to remove as leading characters.
Returns: Returns a copy of the string with leading characters stripped.
ks for geeks
Code #4: Runtime Error
There is a runtime error when we try to strip anything except a string.
print(list.lstrip()) AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'lstrip'
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python String Methods | Set 3 (strip, lstrip, rstrip, min, max, maketrans, translate, replace & expandtabs())
- numpy string operations | lstrip() function
- Python | Pandas Series.str.strip(), lstrip() and rstrip()
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Sorting string using order defined by another string
- Python | Merge Tuple String List values to String
- Python | Sort each String in String list
- Python | Convert List of String List to String List
- Python - Length of shortest string in string list
- Python - Remove front K characters from each string in String List
- Python - Remove String from String List
- Python | Delimited String List to String Matrix
- String Alignment in Python f-string
- String to Int and Int to String in Python
- Pad or fill a string by a variable in Python using f-string
- Python - Filter String Tuples if String lengths equals K
- Python - Create a string made of the first and last two characters from a given string
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : YangSu1