In Python, isdigit() is a built-in method used for string handling.
The isdigit() methods returns “True” if all characters in the string are digits, Otherwise, It returns “False”.
This function is used to check if the argument contains digits such as : 0123456789
string.isdigit() Parameters: isdigit() does not take any parameters Returns : 1.True- If all characters in the string are digits. 2.False- If the string contains 1 or more non-digits.
Input : string = '15460' Output : True Input : string = '154ayush60' Output : False
Errors And Exceptions
- It does not take any arguments, therefore it returns an error if a parameter is passed
- Superscript and subscripts are considered digit characters along with decimal characters, therefore, isdigit() returns “True”.
- The roman numerals, currency numerators and fractions are not considered to be digits. Therefore, the isdigit() returns “False”
Application : Using ascii values of characters, count and print all the digits using isdigit() function.
1. Initialise a new string and a variable count=0 .
1. Traverse every character using ascii value, check if the character is a digit.
2. If it is a digit, increment the count by 1 and add it to the new string, else traverse to the next character.
3. Print the value of the counter and the new string.
Total digits in range : 5 Digits : 01234
- Python String isalpha() and its application
- Python String isnumeric() and its application
- Python String isspace() and its application
- numpy string operations | isdigit() function
- Python | Pandas Series.str.isdigit()
- isprintable() in Python and its application
- divmod() in Python and its application
- Birthday Reminder Application in Python
- Python | Create simple animation for console-based application
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Sorting string using order defined by another string
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.