isalnum() function in Python programming language checks whether all the characters in a given string is alphanumeric or not.
Alphanumeric:A character that is either a letter or a number
string_name is the name of the string
Parameter: isalnum() method takes no parameters
True: If all the characters are alphanumeric
False: If one or more characters are not alphanumeric
Below is the Python implementation of the isalnum() method
- Python String Methods | Set 2 (len, count, center, ljust, rjust, isalpha, isalnum, isspace & join)
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Python | Add one string to another
- Python String
- Python String | max()
- Python String | min()
- string.punctuation in Python
- string.whitespace in Python
- Python String | count()
- string.octdigits in Python
- Python string length | len()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.