The find() method returns the lowest index of the substring if it is found in given string. If its is not found then it returns -1.
sub : It’s the substring which needs to be searched in the given string.
start : Starting position where sub is needs to be checked within the string.
end : Ending position where suffix is needs to be checked within the string.
NOTE : If start and end indexes are not provided then by default it takes 0 and length-1 as starting and ending indexes where ending indxes is not included in our search.
returns the lowest index of the substring if it is found in given string. If it’s not found then it returns -1.
The find() method is similar to index(). The only difference is find() returns -1 if searched string is not found and index() throws an exception in this case.
Substring 'geeks' found at index: 0 Substring 'for ' found at index: 6 Doesn't contains given substring
10 -1 -1 6
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Sorting string using order defined by another string
- Python | Merge Tuple String List values to String
- Python | Sort each String in String list
- Python | Convert List of String List to String List
- Python - Length of shortest string in string list
- Python - Remove front K characters from each string in String List
- Python - Remove String from String List
- Python | Delimited String List to String Matrix
- String Alignment in Python f-string
- String to Int and Int to String in Python
- Pad or fill a string by a variable in Python using f-string
- Python - Filter String Tuples if String lengths equals K
- Python String Methods | Set 1 (find, rfind, startwith, endwith, islower, isupper, lower, upper, swapcase & title)
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- Find the first repeated word in a string in Python using Dictionary
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : dubey._.ji