Sometimes, while working with String list, we can have a problem in which we need to remove the surrounding stray characters or noise from list of digits. This can be in form of Currency prefix, signs of numbers etc. Let’s discuss a way in which this task can be performed.
Method : Using list comprehension +
strip() + isdigit() + join()
The combination of above functions can be used to perform this task. In this, we strip the stray characters from numbers that are identified from the strings and return the result.
The original list : ['-4', 'Rs 25', '5 kg', '+15'] List after removing stray characters : ['-', '4', 'Rs', '25', '5', 'kg', '+', '15']
- Python | Pandas Split strings into two List/Columns using str.split()
- Python | Split strings in list with same prefix in all elements
- Python | Split list of strings into sublists based on length
- Python | Split CamelCase string to individual strings
- Python | Pandas Reverse split strings into two List/Columns using str.rsplit()
- Python - Split String of list on K character
- Python | Split string into list of characters
- Python | Remove all digits from a list of strings
- Python | Reverse All Strings in String List
- Python | Splitting string list by strings
- Python - Count Strings with substring String List
- Python | Sort given list of strings by part of string
- Python - Filter float strings from String list
- Python | Convert list of strings to space separated string
- Python | Split Sublist Strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.