The splitting of string has always been discussed in various applications and use cases. One of the interesting variation of list splitting can be splitting the list on delimiter but this time only on the last occurrence of it. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be done.
Method #1 : Using
The normal string split can perform the split from the front, but Python also offers another method which can perform this very task from the rear end, and hence increasing the versatility of applications.
The original string : gfg, is, good, better, and best The splitted list at the last comma : ['gfg, is, good, better', 'and best']
Method #2 : Using
This function can also perform the desired reverse partition, but the drawbacks to use this is construction of additional delimiter value and also the speed is slower than above method and hence not recommended.
The original string : gfg, is, good, better, and best The splitted list at the last comma : ('gfg, is, good, better', ', ', 'and best')
- Python | Ways to split strings using newline delimiter
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
- Python | Pandas Split strings into two List/Columns using str.split()
- Python | Pandas str.join() to join string/list elements with passed delimiter
- Python | Add the occurrence of each number as sublists
- Python | First occurrence of True number
- Python | Last occurrence of some element in a list
- Python | Get the string after occurrence of given substring
- Python | Percentage occurrence at index
- Python | Find last occurrence of substring
- Python program to remove Nth occurrence of the given word
- Python | Consecutive Maximum Occurrence in list
- Python | Count occurrence of all elements of list in a tuple
- Python program to find occurrence to each character in given string
- Python | Element Occurrence in dictionary of list values
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.