Given a Sentence, write a Python program to convert the given sentence into list of words.
Input : ['Hello World'] Output : ['Hello', 'world'] Input : ['Geeks For geeks'] Output : ['Geeks', 'for', 'geeks']
The simplest approach provided by Python to convert the given list of Sentence into words with separate indices is to use
split() method. This method split a string into a list where each word is a list item. We have alternative ways to use this function in order to achive the required output.
Method #1 : Splitting the first index element
['Geeks', 'For', 'geeks']
Method #2 : Using for loop
We can also use a for loop to split the first element. This method is also beneficial if we have more than one element.
['Geeksforgeeks', 'is', 'a', 'portal', 'for', 'geeks']
Method #3 : Using
We can split the given list and than join using
join() function. We can also use this when you have a list of string or single string inside a list.
['Hello', 'Geeks', 'for', 'geeks']
- Python | Check if given words appear together in a list of sentence
- Python | Ways to Spilt the list by some value
- Python | Remove all duplicates words from a given sentence
- Python program to count words in a sentence
- Python | Sort words of sentence in ascending order
- NLP | How tokenizing text, sentence, words works
- Python | Find k longest words in given list
- Python | Joining only adjacent words in list
- Python | Reverse each word in a sentence
- Possible Words using given characters in Python
- Reverse words in a given String in Python
- Python | Stemming words with NLTK
- Python | Extract words from given string
- Python | Scramble words from a text file
- Get similar words suggestion using Enchant in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.