Enchant is a module in Python which is used to check the spelling of a word, gives suggestions to correct words. Also, gives antonym and synonym of words. It checks whether a word exists in dictionary or not.
Enchant can also be used to check spelling of words. The
check() method returns True if the passed word is present in the language dictionary, else it returns False. This functionality of the
check() method can be used to spell check words.
suggest() method is used to suggest the correct spelling of the incorrectly spelled word.
The misspelled words are : ['cmputr', 'watr', 'wrte'] Suggestion for cmputr : ['computer'] Suggestion for watr : ['wart', 'watt', 'wat', 'war', 'water', 'wat r'] Suggestion for wrte : ['rte', 'write', 'wrote', 'wert', 'wite', 'w rte']
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Spelling checker in Python
- Amazon product availability checker using Python
- Flight-price checker using Python and Selenium
- Grammar Checker in Python using Language-check
- Get similar words suggestion using Enchant in Python
- Python - Tokenize text using Enchant
- Python - Filtering text using Enchant
- Python - Chunking text using Enchant
- Python - Find the Levenshtein distance using Enchant
- enchant.list_languages() in Python
- enchant.dict_exists() in Python
- enchant.Dict() in Python
- enchant.DictWithPWL() in Python
- enchant.request_pwl_dict() in Python
- enchant.get_enchant_version() in Python
- enchant.request_dict() in Python
- Spelling Correction using K-Gram Overlap
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- Python | Create a stopwatch using clock object in kivy using .kv file
- Image resizing using Seam carving using OpenCV in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.