Given a tuple, sort the list of tuples in increasing order by any key in tuple.
Input : tuple = [(2, 5), (1, 2), (4, 4), (2, 3)] m = 0 Output : [(1, 2), (2, 3), (2, 5), (4, 4)] Explanation: Sorted using the 0th index key. Input : [(23, 45, 20), (25, 44, 39), (89, 40, 23)] m = 2 Output : Sorted: [(23, 45, 20), (89, 40, 23), (25, 44, 39)] Explanation: Sorted using the 2nd index key
Given tuples, we need to sort them according to any given key. This can be done using sorted() function where we sort them using key=last and store last as the key index according to which we have to sort the given tuples.
Below is the Python implementation of the above approach:
Sorted: [(23, 45, 20), (89, 40, 23), (25, 44, 39)]
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Python | Remove duplicate tuples from list of tuples
- Python | Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples
- Python | Remove tuples from list of tuples if greater than n
- Python | Remove tuples having duplicate first value from given list of tuples
- Python | Count tuples occurrence in list of tuples
- Python | Combining tuples in list of tuples
- Python | Convert string tuples to list tuples
- Python | How to Concatenate tuples to nested tuples
- Python - Filter all uppercase characters Tuples from given list of tuples
- Python program to find Tuples with positive elements in List of tuples
- Python program to find tuples which have all elements divisible by K from a list of tuples
- Sort all even numbers in ascending order and then sort all odd numbers in descending order
- Python | Tuples with maximum key of similar values
- Python List Comprehension | Sort even-placed elements in increasing and odd-placed in decreasing order
- Sort even-placed elements in increasing and odd-placed in decreasing order
- Sort a Matrix in all way increasing order
- Sort only non-prime numbers of an array in increasing order
- Sort even and odd placed elements in increasing order
- Sort elements of an array in increasing order of absolute difference of adjacent elements
- Minimize Cost to sort a String in Increasing Order of Frequencies of Characters
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.