This particular utility is quite in demand nowadays due to the similarity computation requirements in many fields of Computer Science such as Machine Learning, A.I and web development domains, hence techniques to compute similarity between any given containers can be quite useful. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be done.
Method #1 : Using Naive Approach(
sum() + zip())
We can perform this particular task using the naive approach, using sum and zip functions we can formulate a utility function that can compute the similarity of both the strings.
The similarity between 2 strings is : 0.38461538461538464
Method #2 : Using
There’s an inbuilt method, that helps to perform this particular task and is recommended to achieve this particular task as it doesn’t require custom approach but uses built in constructs to perform task more efficiently.
The similarity between 2 strings is : 0.5555555555555556
- Python | Measure similarity between two sentences using cosine similarity
- Python | Word Similarity using spaCy
- Python | Test list element similarity
- NLP | WuPalmer - WordNet Similarity
- Python | Remove empty strings from list of strings
- NLP | Leacock Chordorow (LCH) and Path similarity for Synset
- Python | Tokenizing strings in list of strings
- C strings conversion to Python
- Python | Interleaving two strings
- Python 3 Strings | expandtabs() method
- Python Strings encode() method
- Python Strings decode() method
- Python | How to sort a list of strings
- Python | C Strings of Doubtful Encoding | Set-2
- Python | C Strings of Doubtful Encoding | Set-1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.