Shutil module in Python provides many functions of high-level operations on files and collections of files. It comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module helps in automating process of copying and removal of files and directories.
shutil.disk_usage() method in Python is to get disk usage statistics about the given path. This method returns a named tuple with attributes total, used and free. The total attribute represents the amount of total space, the used attribute represents the amount of used space and the free attribute represents the amount of available space, in bytes.
Note: On Windows, the given path must represent a directory but on Unix systems, it can be a file or directory.
path: A path-like object representing a file system path. A path-like object is either a string or bytes object representing a path.
Return Type: This method returns a named tuple with attributed total, used and free.
Disk usage statistics: usage(total=244934381568, used=13350301696, free=219070689280)
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | os.strerror() method
- Python | hasattr() method
- Python | os.openpty() method
- Python | os.fork() method
- Python | os.getgrouplist() method
- Python | os.setreuid() method
- Python | os.pipe() method
- Python | os.getpgrp() method
- Python | os.pwrite() method
- Python | os.setregid() method
- Python | os.getsid() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.