Shutil module in Python provides many functions of high-level operations on files and collections of files. It comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module helps in automating process of copying and removal of files and directories.
shutil.disk_usage() method tells the disk usage statistics about the given path as a named tuple with the attributes total, used and free where total represents total amount of memory, used represents used memory and free represents free memory.
Note: All the memory values are in bytes.
path: A string representing the path.
Return Value: This method returns a named tuple with the attributes total, used and free which are the amount of total, used and free space, in bytes
Example #1 :
shutil.disk_usage() method to know about memory usage statistics of GeeksforGeeks server.
usage(total=51976970240, used=27151167488, free=24809025536)
Example #2 :
shutil.disk_usage() method to know about memory usage statistics of any user Computer.
usage(total=209190907904, used=92728918016, free=116461989888)
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | Decimal ln() method
- Python PIL | ImageOps.fit() method
- Python | isinstance() method
- Python | Numpy np.fft() method
- Python | os.symlink() method
- Python | os.access() Method
- Python | os.link() method
- Python | os.mkfifo() method
- Python | os.sched_rr_get_interval() method
- Python | sympy.lcm() method
- PUT method - Python requests
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.