Sentiment Analysis is the process of ‘computationally’ determining whether a piece of writing is positive, negative or neutral. It’s also known as opinion mining, deriving the opinion or attitude of a speaker.
Why sentiment analysis?
- Business: In marketing field companies use it to develop their strategies, to understand customers’ feelings towards products or brand, how people respond to their campaigns or product launches and why consumers don’t buy some products.
- Politics: In the political field, it is used to keep track of political view, to detect consistency and inconsistency between statements and actions at the government level. It can be used to predict election results as well! .
- Public Actions: Sentiment analysis also is used to monitor and analyse social phenomena, for the spotting of potentially dangerous situations and determining the general mood of the blogosphere.
Command to install vaderSentiment :
pip install vaderSentiment
VADER Sentiment Analysis :
VADER (Valence Aware Dictionary and sEntiment Reasoner) is a lexicon and rule-based sentiment analysis tool that is specifically attuned to sentiments expressed in social media.
VADER uses a combination of A sentiment lexicon is a list of lexical features (e.g., words) which are generally labeled according to their semantic orientation as either positive or negative.
VADER not only tells about the Positivity and Negativity score but also tells us about how positive or negative a sentiment is.
Below is the code:
The Compound score is a metric that calculates the sum of all the lexicon ratings which have been normalized between -1(most extreme negative) and +1 (most extreme positive).
positive sentiment : (compound score >= 0.05)
neutral sentiment : (compound score > -0.05) and (compound score < 0.05)
negative sentiment : (compound score <= -0.05)
- Facebook Sentiment Analysis using python
- Twitter Sentiment Analysis using Python
- Python | TextBlob.sentiment() method
- Sentiment Detector GUI using Tkinter - Python
- Text Analysis in Python 3
- Data analysis and Visualization with Python
- Python | NLP analysis of Restaurant reviews
- Data Analysis and Visualization with Python | Set 2
- Principal Component Analysis with Python
- Python | Data analysis using Pandas
- Exploratory Data Analysis in Python | Set 2
- Exploratory Data Analysis in Python
- Exploratory Data Analysis in Python | Set 1
- Multidimensional data analysis in Python
- Python - Variations of Principal Component Analysis
- Python | CAP - Cumulative Accuracy Profile analysis
- Python | Customer Churn Analysis Prediction
- Python | Math operations for Data analysis
- Analysis of Different Methods to find Prime Number in Python
- Replacing strings with numbers in Python for Data Analysis
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.