Given a string and a character, write a Python program to replace multiple occurrences of the given character by a single character.
Input : Geeksforgeeks, ch = 'e' Output : Geksforgeks Input : Wiiiin, ch = 'i' Output : Win
Approach #1 : Naive Approach
This method is a brute force approach in which we take another list ‘new_str’. Use a for loop to check if the given character is repeated or not. If repeated multiple times, append the character single time to the list. Other characters(Not the given character) are simply appended to the list without any alteration.
Approach #2 : Using Python Regex
- Python program to find occurrence to each character in given string
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Python | Convert a list of multiple integers into a single integer
- Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string in Python
- replace() in Python to replace a substring
- Python | Pandas Series.str.replace() to replace text in a series
- Python | Percentage occurrence at index
- Python | First occurrence of True number
- Python | Last occurrence of some element in a list
- Python | Add the occurrence of each number as sublists
- Python program to remove Nth occurrence of the given word
- Python | Sort tuple based on occurrence of first element
- Python | Count occurrence of all elements of list in a tuple
- Python | Element Occurrence in dictionary of list values
- Python | super() in single inheritance
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.