Given a string and a character, write a Python program to replace multiple occurrences of the given character by a single character.
Input : Geeksforgeeks, ch = 'e' Output : Geksforgeks Input : Wiiiin, ch = 'i' Output : Win
Approach #1 : Naive Approach
This method is a brute force approach in which we take another list ‘new_str’. Use a for loop to check if the given character is repeated or not. If repeated multiple times, append the character single time to the list. Other characters(Not the given character) are simply appended to the list without any alteration.
Approach #2 : Using Python Regex
- Python | Replacing Nth occurrence of multiple characters in a String with the given character
- Python - Replace duplicate Occurrence in String
- Python | Substitute character with its occurrence
- Python | Replace multiple characters at once
- Python - Replace multiple words with K
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
- Python | First character occurrence from rear String
- Python | Multiple indices Replace in String
- Python program to find occurrence to each character in given string
- Python | Convert a list of multiple integers into a single integer
- Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string in Python
- Python | Convert Character Matrix to single String
- replace() in Python to replace a substring
- Python | Pandas Series.str.replace() to replace text in a series
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.