Given an IP address, remove leading zeros from the IP address.
Input : 100.020.003.400 Output : 18.104.22.1680 Input :001.200.001.004 Output : 22.214.171.124
Method 1 : Traversal and join
The approach is to split the given string by “.” and then convert it to an integer which removes the leading zeros and then join back them to a string.To convert a string to an integer we can use int(s) and then convert it back to string by str(s) and then join them back by using join function.
Method 2 : Regex
Using a capture group, match the last digit and copy it and prevents all the digits from being replaced.
regex \d can be explained as:
- \d : Matches any decimal digit
\d Matches any decimal digit, this is equivalent to the set class [0-9].
- \b allows you to perform a “whole words only” search using a regular expression in the form of \bword\b
regex \b can be explained as :
\b allows you to perform a "whole words only" search u sing a regular expression in the form of \bword\b
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Python | Add leading Zeros to string
- Python - Remove leading 0 from Strings List
- Python | Remove trailing/leading special characters from strings list
- Python | Add leading K character
- numpy.zeros() in Python
- Python | sympy.zeros() method
- Python PyTorch zeros() method
- Python | Add trailing Zeros to string
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- numpy.matlib.zeros() function | Python
- Python program to validate an IP Address
- Display Hostname and IP address in Python
- Python program to find IP Address
- Create a Numpy array filled with all zeros | Python
- Check if email address valid or not in Python
- Python program to find if two IP Address belongs to Same or Different Network
- Difference Between Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Difference between MAC Address and IP Address
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting the leading value of the font
- Python | os.remove() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.