Prerequisite: Regular expression in Python
Given an input, write a Python program to check whether the given Input is Floating point number or not.
Input: 1.20 Output: Floating point number Input: -2.356 Output: Floating point number Input: 0.2 Output: Floating point number Input: -3 Output: Not a Floating point number
In this program, we are using
search() method of re module.
re.search() : This method either returns None (if the pattern doesn’t match), or
re.MatchObject that contains information about the matching part of the string. This method stops after the first match, so this is best suited for testing a regular expression more than extracting data.
Let’s see the Python program for this :
Floating point number Floating point number Floating point number Not a Floating point number
- Floating point error in Python
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Python program to represent floating number as hexadecimal by IEEE 754 standard
- Verbose in Python Regex
- Python Program for Number of jump required of given length to reach a point of form (d, 0) from origin in 2D plane
- Pattern matching in Python with Regex
- Python Regex: re.search() VS re.findall()
- Name validation using IGNORECASE in Python Regex
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- Python | Program that matches a word containing 'g' followed by one or more e's using regex
- Python | Parse a website with regex and urllib
- Python - Substituting patterns in text using regex
- Python program to convert floating to binary
- Categorize Password as Strong or Weak using Regex in Python