Sometimes, while working with data, we might have a problem in which we need to find minimum differene between available pairs in list. This can be application to many problems in mathematics domain. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task can be performed.
Method #1 : Using
min() + list comprehension
The combination of this functions can be used to perform this task. In this, we compute the absolute difference of all pairs and then return the min of it using min().
The original list : [(3, 5), (1, 7), (10, 3), (1, 2)] Minimum difference among pairs : 1
Method #2 : Using
min() + lambda
This is similar to above method. In this the task performed by list comprehension is solved using lambda function, providing the difference computation logic. Returns the min. difference pair.
The original list : [(3, 5), (1, 7), (10, 3), (1, 2)] Minimum difference among pairs : (1, 2)
- Python | Difference in Record Lists
- Python | Index minimum value Record
- Python - Minimum in each record value list
- Python - Maximum Sum Record
- Python | True Record
- Python | Exponentiate Kth Record Index
- Python | Rear Addition of Record
- Python | Record Index Product
- Python | Maximize Record list
- Python - Remove Record if Nth Column is K
- Python | Record elements Average in List
- Python - Count elements in record tuple
- Python | Record Similar tuple occurrences
- Python - List lengths as record attribute
- Python | Column Average in Record List
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.