Python offers multiple options for developing GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, tkinter is the most commonly used method. It is a standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. Python with tkinter outputs the fastest and easiest way to create the GUI applications. Now, it’s upto the imagination or necessity of developer, what he/she want to develop using this toolkit.
To create a tkinter :
- Importing the module – tkinter
- Create the main window (container)
- Add any number of widgets to the main window.
- Apply the event Trigger on the widgets.
Let’s create a GUI based simple Real-time Weather detection application which can give Weather details of any cities.
tkinter requests json
Below is the implementation :
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Multiple Color Detection in Real-Time using Python-OpenCV
- Python | Real time currency convertor using Tkinter
- OpenCV | Real Time Road Lane Detection
- YOLO : You Only Look Once - Real Time Object Detection
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Object Detection with Detection Transformer (DERT) by Facebook
- Python | Find current weather of any city using openweathermap API
- Create a Weather app using Flask | Python
- Weather app using Django | Python
- Scrapping Weather prediction Data using Python and BS4
- Get Live Weather Desktop Notifications Using Python
- Create a GUI for Weather Forecast using openweathermap API in Python
- Implementing Weather Forecast using Facade Design Pattern in Python
- Get Bit Coin price in real time using Python
- Detect Cat Faces in Real-Time using Python-OpenCV
- Python - Displaying real time FPS at which webcam/video file is processed using OpenCV
- How to get real-time Mutual Funds Information using Python?
- Python | Distance-time GUI calculator using Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.