Both LIFOQueue and Deque can be used using in-built modules Queue and Collections in Python, both of them are data structures and are widely used, but for different purposes. In this article, we will consider the difference between both Queue.LIFOQueue and Collections.Deque concerning usability, execution time, working, implementation, etc. in Python.
queue.LifoQueue: The module queue provides a LIFO Queue which technically works as a Stack. It is usually used for communication between the different threads in the very same process.
Below is a program which depicts the implementation of Lifo.Queue:
0 Full: True Size: 3 3 2 1 Empty: True
collections.deque: Deque (Doubly Ended Queue) in Python is implemented using the module collections. This data structure is mainly used for queues. The FIFO queue mechanism is implemented by append() and popleft(). It’s operations are quite faster as compared to lists.
Below is a program that illustrates the implementation of collections.deque:
The deque after appending at right is: deque([10, 20, 30, 0]) The deque after appending at left is: deque([100, 10, 20, 30, 0]) The deque after deleting from right is: deque([100, 10, 20, 30]) Queue: deque([10, 20, 30])
Difference between LIFOQueue and Deque:
|Sr. no.||LIFO Queue||Dequeue|
|1||It implements stacks||It implements a double-edged queue|
|2||Present in Queue module||Present in Collections module|
|3||Allows various threads to communicate using queued data or messages||Simply intended to be a data structure|
|4||Fewer features (operations and methods)||Large Variety of features (operations and methods)|
|5||Follows Last In First Out||Follows Fist In First Out|
|6||Slow operations (long execution time)||High operations(very low execution time)|
|6||Not commonly used, usually used for thread communication operations.||Mostly used for data structure operations.|
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.