There are multiple ways we can print the Emojis in Python. Let’s see how to print Emojis with Uniocdes, CLDR names and
Every emoji has a Unicode associated with it. Emojis also have a CLDR short name, which can also be used.
From the list of unicodes, replace “+” with “000”. For example – “U+1F600” will become “U0001F600” and prefix the unicode with “\” and print it.
Using CLDR short name:
Using emoji module:
Emojis can also be implemented by using the emoji module provided in Python. To install it run the following in the terminal.
pip install emoji
emojize() function requires the CLDR short name to be passed in it as the parameter. It then returns the corresponding emoji. Replace the spaces with underscore in the CLDR short name.
demojize() function converts the emoji passed into its corresponding CLDR short name.
Below is a list of some common emoji Unicodes with their CLDR short names:
|CLDR Short Name||Unicode|
|grinning face with big eyes||U+1F603|
|grinning face with smiling eyes||U+1F604|
|beaming face with smiling eyes||U+1F601|
|grinning squinting face||U+1F606|
|grinning face with sweat||U+1F605|
|rolling on the floor laughing||U+1F923|
|face with tears of joy||U+1F602|
|slightly smiling face||U+1F642|
|smiling face with smiling eyes||U+1F60A|
|smiling face with halo||U+1F607|
|smiling face with 3 hearts||U+1F970|
|smiling face with heart-eyes||U+1F60D|
|face blowing a kiss||U+1F618|
|kissing face with closed eyes||U+1F61A|
|kissing face with smiling eyes||U+1F619|
|face savoring food||U+1F60B|
|face with tongue||U+1F61B|
|winking face with tongue||U+1F61C|
|squinting face with tongue||U+1F61D|
|face with hand over mouth||U+1F92D|
|face with raised eyebrow||U+1F928|
|face without mouth||U+1F636|
|face with rolling eyes||U+1F644|
|face with medical mask||U+1F637|
|face with thermometer||U+1F912|
|face with head-bandage||U+1F915|
- Python Program for Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Python Program for Program to Print Matrix in Z form
- Python program to print all even numbers in a range
- Python program to print all odd numbers in a range
- Python program to print even numbers in a list
- Python program to print odd numbers in a List
- Python program to print calendar of given year
- Python Program to print all permutations of a given string
- Python Program to Print Numbers in an Interval
- Python Program to print digit pattern
- Python program to print all positive numbers in a range
- Python program to print positive numbers in a list
- Python program to print negative numbers in a list
- Python | Program to print duplicates from a list of integers
- Python program to print the substrings that are prefix of the given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.