Python | Program to implement Jumbled word game
Python is a multipurpose language and one can do literally anything with it. Python can also be used for game development. Let’s create a simple Jumbled word game without using any external game libraries like PyGame.
Jumbled word game: Jumbled word is given to player, player has to rearrange the characters of the word to make a correct meaningful word.
Input: erwta Output: water Input: mehtatasmci Output: mathematics Input: keseg Output: geeks
This is a two players game, firstly program pick a random word from the given list of words using choice() method of random module. After shuffling the characters of picked word using sample method of random module and shows the jumbled word on the screen. Current player should give the answer; if it gives the correct answer after rearranging the characters then player’s score is incremented by one otherwise not. After quitting the game, winner is decided on the basis of scores.
Using Inbuilt functions :
choice() method randomly choose any word from the list. sample() method shuffling the characters of the word.
User-defined functions :
choose() : Choosing random word from the list .
jumble() : Shuffling the characters of the chosen word. we have to pass a chosen word as an argument.
thank() : Showing the final scores of both players. Pass a player1 name, player2 name and score of player1, player2 as an argument.
check_win() : Declaring the winner. Pass a player1 name, player2 name, and score of player1 and player2 as argument.
play() : Starting the game.
Below is the implementation :
player 1, Please enter your name :Ankit Player 2 , Please enter your name: John jumbled word is : abiwrno Ankit Your Turn. what is in your mind? rainbow Your score is : 1 jumbled word is : rbado John Your turn. what is in your mind? borad Better luck next time.. : Ankit Your turn. what is in your mind? board Your Score is : 2 press 1 to continue and 0 to quit :1 jumbled word is : wbrinao John Your turn. what is in your mind? rainbow Your Score is : 1 press 1 to continue and 0 to quit :1 jumbled word is : bnrawio Ankit Your Turn. what is in your mind? rainbow Your score is : 3 jumbled word is : enecsic John Your turn. what is in your mind? science Your Score is : 2 press 1 to continue and 0 to quit :0 Ankit Your score is : 3 John Your score is : 2 winner is : Ankit Thanks for playing...
- The code begins by importing the random module.
- This module provides useful functions for generating random numbers.
- Next, the choose() function is defined.
- This function randomly selects a word from a list of words.
- The word chosen can be any word from the list.
- The pick variable stores the word selected by the choose() function.
- The jumble() function is then defined.
- This function shuffles the characters of the chosen word.
- The result of this operation is stored in qn .
- The check_win() function is called when someone wins a game of jumbled words.
- This function determines who wins based on the score values associated with player1 and player2 .
- If player1 has a higher score than player2 , then player1 is declared the winner.
- If player2 has a higher score, then player2 is declared the winner.
- In either case, if turn % 2 == 0 , then it’sPlayer 1’s turn (since turn % 2 = 1 ).
- So, input is provided that tells players what to do next (what to think about).
- Then, code checks to see if turn % 2 equals 0 .
- If it does, it means that it’s Player 2’s turn and so on…until all players have
- The code is used for playing the jumbled words game.
- The program starts by importing the random module.
- This module provides functions for generating random numbers.
- Next, the choose() function is defined.
- This function randomly selects a word from the list of words.
- The pick variable stores this word.
- Finally, the jumble() and print() functions are called to display the chosen word and its jumbled form, respectively.
- Next, the check_win() function is created.
- This function takes in player1 and player2 name as input parameters and checks if player1’s score is greater than player2’s score.
- If it is, then the winner is declared as player1.
- If not, then the draw flag is set and play continues with player.
Please Login to comment...