Given a list of numbers, the task is to write a Python program to find the smallest number in given list.
Input : list1 = [10, 20, 4] Output : 4 Input : list2 = [20, 10, 20, 1, 100] Output : 1
Method 1 : Sort the list in ascending order and print the first element in the list.
smallest element is: 4
Method 2 : Using min() method
Smallest element is: 1
Method 3 : Find min list element on inputs provided by user
Enter number of elements in list: 4 Enter elements: 12 Enter elements: 19 Enter elements: 11 Enter elements: 99 Smallest element is: 11
Method 4: Find the smallest element in list.
The list is ['23', '-1', '45', '22.6', '78', '100'] The smallest element in the list is -1
- Python | Largest, Smallest, Second Largest, Second Smallest in a List
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python Program for Smallest K digit number divisible by X
- Python | Convert list of string to list of list
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of list
- Python | Convert List of String List to String List
- Python | Lexicographically smallest string in mixed list
- Python - Smallest integer possible from combination of list elements
- Python Program to convert List of Integer to List of String
- Python program to convert a list of strings with a delimiter to a list of tuple
- Python program to get the indices of each element of one list in another list
- Python program to find largest number in a list
- Python program to find second largest number in a list
- Python program to find number of m contiguous elements of a List with a given sum
- Python | Find maximum length sub-list in a nested list
- Python heapq to find K'th smallest element in a 2D array
- Python | Find smallest element greater than K
- Python - Find the indices for k Smallest elements
- Python program to find N largest elements from a list
- Python program to find Cumulative sum of a list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shyampopz0