Dictionaries in Python is same as Associative arrays or Maps in other languages. Unlike lists, dictionaries stores data in
Let’s see how to find the second maximum value in a Python dictionary.
Method #1: Naive Approach:
A general approach is to find the largest value of the dictionary and then iterate over the dictionary maintaining the value that must be greater than all the other values and less than the maximum value.
Method #2: Using sorted() method
We can find the second largest value in a dictionary by sorting the values of the dictionaries and then retrieving the second last element from the sorted list.
example_dict.values() gives list of all the values in the dictionary.
sorted() method will sort the list of
dict_values to list and return the second last element of the sorted list, i.e. the second largest value of dictionary.
- Python program to find the sum of all items in a dictionary
- Python program to find the highest 3 values in a dictionary
- Python | Get key with maximum value in Dictionary
- Python - Maximum record value key in dictionary
- Python - Maximum Value in Nested Dictionary
- Python - Maximum value assignment in Nested Dictionary
- Python - Maximum of filtered Keys in dictionary
- Python program to create a dictionary from a string
- Python program to Swap Keys and Values in Dictionary
- Python program to print the dictionary in table format
- Python | Find the closest Key in dictionary
- Find the size of a Dictionary in Python
- Python | Find depth of a dictionary
- Python | Find dictionary matching value in list
- Python | Find Symmetric Pairs in dictionary
- Program to print all distinct elements of a given integer array in Python | Ordered Dictionary
- Python Dictionary to find mirror characters in a string
- Find the first repeated word in a string in Python using Dictionary
- Python | Find keys with duplicate values in dictionary
- Dictionary and counter in Python to find winner of election