Given a list of integers, the task is to find N largest elements assuming size of list is greater than or equal o N.
Input : [4, 5, 1, 2, 9] N = 2 Output : [9, 5] Input : [81, 52, 45, 10, 3, 2, 96] N = 3 Output : [81, 96, 52]
A simple solution traverse the given list N times. In every traversal, find the maximum, add it to result, and remove it from the list. Below is the implementation :
Time Complexity : O(N * size) where size is size of the given list.
[-45, 100, 200, 298, 900, 1000, 3579] Find the N largest element: 4 [298, 900, 1000, 3579]
Please refer k largest(or smallest) elements in an array for more efficient solutions of this problem.
- Python program to find second largest number in a list
- Python program to find largest number in a list
- Python program to find sum of elements in list
- Python program to find number of m contiguous elements of a List with a given sum
- Python | Indices of N largest elements in list
- Python | Find frequency of largest element in list
- Python Program to find largest element in an array
- Python Program for Find largest prime factor of a number
- Python program to interchange first and last elements in a list
- Python program to swap two elements in a list
- Python program to apply itertools.product to elements of a list of lists
- Python | Find all elements count in list
- Python | Find sum of frequency of given elements in the list
- Python | Find missing elements in List
- Python | Find elements of a list by indices
- Python | Find top K frequent elements from a list of tuples
- Python | Find common elements in list of lists
- Python program to find Cumulative sum of a list
- Python | Find the list elements starting with specific letter
- Python program to find smallest number in a list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shyampopz0