Given a list of integers, the task is to find N largest elements assuming size of list is greater than or equal o N.
Input : [4, 5, 1, 2, 9] N = 2 Output : [9, 5] Input : [81, 52, 45, 10, 3, 2, 96] N = 3 Output : [81, 96, 52]
A simple solution traverse the given list N times. In every traversal, find the maximum, add it to result, and remove it from the list. Below is the implementation :
Time Complexity : O(N * size) where size is size of the given list.
[-45, 100, 200, 298, 900, 1000, 3579] Find the N largest element: 4 [298, 900, 1000, 3579]
Please refer k largest(or smallest) elements in an array for more efficient solutions of this problem.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python Program to Print Largest Even and Largest Odd Number in a List
- Python | Largest, Smallest, Second Largest, Second Smallest in a List
- Python program to find largest number in a list
- Python program to find second largest number in a list
- Python | Indices of N largest elements in list
- Python | Find frequency of largest element in list
- Python program to find number of m contiguous elements of a List with a given sum
- Python program to find Tuples with positive elements in List of tuples
- Python program to find tuples which have all elements divisible by K from a list of tuples
- Python program to find the frequency of the elements which are common in a list of strings
- Python program to find sum of elements in list
- Python Program for Find largest prime factor of a number
- Python Program to find largest element in an array
- Python | Convert list of string to list of list
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of list
- Python | Convert List of String List to String List
- Python | Maximum sum of elements of list in a list of lists
- Python | Replace elements in second list with index of same element in first list
- Python | Sorting list of lists with similar list elements
- Python | Indices of sorted list of list elements
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shyampopz0