Given a list of integers, the task is to find N largest elements assuming size of list is greater than or equal o N.
Input : [4, 5, 1, 2, 9] N = 2 Output : [9, 5] Input : [81, 52, 45, 10, 3, 2, 96] N = 3 Output : [81, 96, 52]
A simple solution traverse the given list N times. In every traversal, find the maximum, add it to result, and remove it from the list. Below is the implementation :
Time Complexity : O(N * size) where size is size of the given list.
Please refer k largest(or smallest) elements in an array for more efficient solutions of this problem.
- Python program to find largest number in a list
- Python program to find second largest number in a list
- Python program to find sum of elements in list
- Python program to find number of m contiguous elements of a List with a given sum
- Python | Indices of N largest elements in list
- Python | Find frequency of largest element in list
- Python Program to find largest element in an array
- Python Program for Find largest prime factor of a number
- Python program to interchange first and last elements in a list
- Python program to swap two elements in a list
- Python | Find sum of frequency of given elements in the list
- Python | Find all elements count in list
- Python | Find missing elements in List
- Python | Find elements of a list by indices
- Python program to apply itertools.product to elements of a list of lists
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.