Write a Python program to find the day of the week for any particular date in the past or future. Let the input be in the format “dd mm yyyy”.
Input : 03 02 1997 Output : Monday Input : 31 01 2019 Output : Thursday
The already discussed approach to find the day of the week for a given date is the Naive approach. Now, let’s discuss the pythonic approaches.
Approach #1 : Using
weekday() provided by
weekday() function of date class in datetime module, returns an integer corresponding to the day of the week.
Approach #2 : Using
strftime() method takes one or more format codes as an argument and returns a formatted string based on it. Here we will pass the directive “%A” in the method which provides Full weekday name for the given date.
Approach #3 : By finding day number
In this approach, we find the day number using
calender module and then find the correspoding week day.
- Find day of the week for a given date
- Tomohiko Sakamoto's Algorithm- Finding the day of the week
- Print day of week using Gregorian Calendar in java
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting First Day of Week
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Getting First Day of Week
- Extract week number from date in Pandas-Python
- C++ Program to print current Day, Date and Time
- Zeller's Congruence | Find the Day for a Date
- Get Day from date in Pandas - Python
- How to get Day, Month and Year from Date in Java
- Get the day from a date in Pandas
- Date after adding given number of days to the given date
- Python program to find the first day of given year
- How to print date starting from the given date for n number of days using Pandas?
- Python program to find birthdate on the same day you were born
- Python | Pandas PeriodIndex.week
- Python | Pandas DatetimeIndex.week
- Python | Pandas Period.week
- Python | Pandas Timestamp.week
- Python | Pandas Series.dt.week
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.