Private IP address of a system is the IP address which is used to communicate within the same network. Using private IP data or information can be sent or received within the same network.
Public IP address of a system is the IP address which is used to communicate outside the network. Public IP address is basically assigned by the ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Input : 220.127.116.11 Output : Public Input : 172.16.0.10 Output : Private
To implement it, we will use is_private method of ipaddress module of Python 3.3 .
- Python program to determine if the given IPv4 Address is reserved using ipaddress module
- Python program to validate an IP Address
- Python program to find if two IP Address belongs to Same or Different Network
- Extract IP address from file using Python
- Python | Ways to determine common prefix in set of strings
- Python program to print Calendar without calendar or datetime module
- Python | Reading an excel file using openpyxl module
- Python | Generate QR Code using pyqrcode module
- Python | Download YouTube videos using youtube_dl module
- Python | Launch a Web Browser using webbrowser module
- Python | Pattern Generation using time() module
- Hyperlink Induced Topic Search (HITS) Algorithm using Networxx Module | Python
- Remember and copy passwords to clipboard using Pyperclip module in Python
- Network Scanning using scapy module - Python
- Python - Get Hardware and System information using platform module
- Python - Create progress bar using tqdm module
- How to get COVID 19 update using Covid module in Python?
- Python Desktop Notifier using Plyer module
- How to Delete files in Python using send2trash module?
- Check if email address valid or not in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.